Mentoring & Coaching Program
Mentor-on-Call is a learning and knowledge platform with access to industry professionals, experts and thought-leaders. Our curators match a client’s designated employee to a member of our mentor network who have agreed to share their knowledge for an arranged fee.
The Mentoring and Coaching Program is an addendum to a client’s employee development plan. We work with clients to select teachable Mentees by scientifically assessing their potential to improve their skills and competencies in both their current and future role (succession planning). Subject to the mentee’s potential of success (POS) score and budget, we then match the Mentee with a short-list of Mentors and/or Coaches who were successful in the targeted succession role and where possible, both share a similar leadership style. The Mentee and Mentor/Coach determine together the scope and duration of the collaboration. Fees are charged in $USD.
Advantages of a Knowledge Platform
As a learning platform, Mentor-On-Call has advantages for clients and their employees alike. It offers workforce leverage for the former and elasticity in gathering decisive tactical information for the latter. Companies that reimagine their business models by offering key employees a contingent on-call expert or providing experiential wisdom from a retired high-performer creates a unique working environment that should lead to staff retention and competitive edge for attracting talent.
How it Works
Whether an employee requires a mentoring coach, a simply a one-off independent opinion, access to a personal sounding board, or advice from a subject-matter veteran, the motivation to seek external expertise will be measured by its on-call utility. Our Mentor-On-Call Curators recognize that the price, time and effort must be lower, and quality of advice greater than the cost of gathering the information and/or experiential knowledge from inside a client’s own network.
Clients Choose Their Advisor/Mentor
The interface with our Mentor-On-Call Curator is straight forward, you tell us what you’re seeking to learn, the scope of information expected, the preferred interaction and the timeframe required. We identify the relevant expertise through our in-house networks or conduct an external search for the most knowledgeable source. The Curator presents you with a short-list of Advisors/Mentors, a profile of their expertise and their billing rate. You select your preferred Advisor/Mentor and our team look after the logistics including the billing.
|Pension & Private Equity Funds||Structured Finance/Debt Lenders|
|Boutique Consulting Firms||Small/Medium Enterprises|
|Development Funds||Investment Fund Advisory|
|Real Estate Owner/Developers||Property Services|
Mentor/Advisory Profile Examples
- Investment banker / Private equity professional
- Independent management consultant with a top-tier MBA
- Experienced investment management professional
- Leadership Assessment & Coach
- Certified Turnaround Officer (CTO)
- Chief Revenue & Chief Marketing professionals
- Industry Veterans Known for deep sector expertise & leadership
Typical Knowledge Sharing Contracts
- Mentoring Engagement – Counsel with a non-conflicted veteran
- Consultation to access deep sector or systems expertise
- Webinars – in-depth and tailored understanding of trends & opportunities
- Back-Channel Evaluation of Industry System, Service or Product
- Research – access opinions from external program advisors
- In-Person – face-to-face meetings with industry thought-leaders
- Speakers Bureau – locate subject matter panellists for corporate events
- Corporate Training – trainers for corporate leadership off-sites